How Specialized Physical Therapy is Different
Our practice is one of the best in the Boston area because we offer one-to-one treatment in a quiet and private environment. Each patient is educated and empowered on how to continue reaching his or her goals outside of the clinic for optimal results. Our patients spend their entire visit with a Doctoral Trained and Massachusetts Licensed Physical Therapist. This means you will never see an aide, assistant, technician, or physical therapist with less than a doctorate degree, so you’re getting the best care possible. Specialized Physical Therapy (SPT) stays ahead of other clinics by offering custom-tailored physical therapy using the most advanced and effective methods available, including manual therapy. We nurture faster recovery because we have the experience and passion to set you on the path to reaching your goals. You will be able to see the difference for yourself; book an appointment with us today and let’s start Moving You Forward!
Incredibly Helpful & Knowledgeable Staff
My orthopedist suggested physical therapy after I broke my ankle and the cast was removed. I had many options as far as physical therapy facilities but I chose Specialized Physical Therapy based on the positive reviews online. Best decision! Kate is without a doubt the best physical therapist I’ve ever worked with and it is her dedication and attention to patients which is second to none. My physical therapy sessions were individualized to meet my specific needs and adapt as I progressed. Sincerely, Customer since February 2016
Significant benefits that SPT delivers to each patient at every visit:
- High Quality Service: We specialize, focus, and excel in only one discipline; physical therapy. Delivering the highest quality of physical therapy care to our patients through expertise, cutting edge techniques, and custom treatment plans is the main goal of our clinic. Specialized Physical Therapy clinic will customize a treatment program designed to guide you towards a full recovery. Our third-party reviews with GenBook: 141+ Reviews with 5/5 Stars
- Doctoral Trained Physical Therapists: While most clinics use assistants, aides, and technicians to complete your therapy, our philosophy is much different: We believe that true restoration of health and effective reduction of pain are facilitated with the expertise, years of training, analytic and diagnostic prowess, and experience that our talented physical therapists deliver with each and every visit.
- A Hands-On Approach: Specialized Physical Therapy employs the most advanced hands-on treatments that are imperative for a full and quick recovery. This approach, combined with an effective exercise program, is how SPT has helped over 9,000 patients in 18 years make astonishing recoveries.
- Private Treatment: Most physical therapy clinics only offer open room treatment, therapy behind a curtain, or a non-private facility with several physical therapists and patients packed into one area. We give patients a private room for most treatments, combined with quiet and soothing surroundings to enhance the progression of therapy and bring peace of mind. A private and quiet place is paramount for healing. We understand the importance of a comfortable environment and the results can be seen in our patients.
- Education Material: Our very own in-house Physical Therapist, Dr. Amy Spencer, has taken the time, care, and attention to detail in writing the entire Educational section of our website. Sure we could have used a service like so many of our competitors, but we wanted to go the extra step and write exactly what’s relavant, up-to-date, and based on years of expertise – things you can seldom buy
- Fillable New Patient PDF Forms: You’ll maximize your visit time with our easy and streamlined Fillable Adobe PDF forms that can be completed prior to your first visit and saved as many times as you like. Download now! New Patient Forms
- Dynamic Treatment Plans: You’ll receive customized dynamic treatment plans that include 3D exercise animations from Perfect Fit Health for continual success.
- Multitude of Services: We offer premium and custom physical therapy treatment for the shoulder pain, hip pain, back pain, neck pain, foot pain, leg pain, ankle pain, and arm pain.
- Manual Therapy: We utilize the most effective manual therapy techniques available for overcoming pain and speeding up the injury rehabilitation process.
- Flexible Treatment Hours: We make it easy for you to schedule an appointment by offering convenient hours from 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Thursday and 7 AM to 6 PM on Friday.
- Individualized and Consistent Care: Whether your recovery spans a few weeks or a few months, our physical therapists take sole responsibility for your physical therapy treatments. At Specialized Physical Therapy, we do not rely on aides or assistants, but instead preserve a continuity of care by providing you with a single committed physical therapist from start to finish.
- Modern Clinic: Our clinic has been completely renovated to suit the most advanced physical therapy techniques. Specialized Physical Therapy has created the ideal environment based on years of experience. Our treatment rooms are conducive to effective treatments and pleasant to be inside. The exercise area is positioned to capture plenty of revitalizing sunlight and every inch is kept impeccably clean. Why settle for the typical hospital clinic room that lacks décor, sunlight, and state-of-art equipment?
- High-End Equipment: You’ll be treated with the very best physical therapy equipment on the market. Our Earthlite Massage Table feels great, is incredibly stable, and has an all steel framework construction that holds up to 600 pounds. Wooden tables are not used in our clinics because of their lack of comfort and stability. Star Trac Recumbent Bike, FreeMotion Cable Column, TRX Suspension Unit, Apple Computers, and Intelect Electrotherapy System are all top-notch equipment that will assist out talented physical therapists in providing the very best treatment for you.
- Personal Commitment: An ongoing personal commitment to physical therapy is crucial to helping patients reach their recovery goals as quickly as possible. Our doctoral staff provides follow-up advice during each visit and offers preventative information, written instructions, and effective animation videos.
- Customer Support: At Specialized Physical Therapy, we take pride in providing nothing less than first-rate service to every patient we treat. In addition to customized individual treatment plans, we offer our clients the benefits of state-of-the-art treatment technology and well-rounded research. Specialized Physical Therapy’s treatment program will mend your existing ailments and educate you about the importance of injury prevention.
SPT is just minutes from Andover, Reading, North Andover, and Wilmington MA
Specialized Physical Therapy is conveniently located in North Reading and also proudly serves residents in Andover, Reading, North Andover, Wilmington, Boxford, Burlington, Woburn, Stoneham, and Methuen. We offer free and spacious parking located within a few steps away from our clinic’s door.
Schedule Your Appointment Today to Regain Freer Movement and Healthy Living!
Specialized Physical Therapy practices a comprehensive approach to total muscle, joint, and spine health. We are the preferred physical therapy clinic in Greater Boston, because we offer an extensive range of physical therapy services designed to restore your physical strength and mobility while reducing your pain. Our physical therapy clinic sets itself apart by:
- Providing proven techniques for alleviating minor, major, acute, and chronic pain.
- Specializing in sports medicine, manual therapy, post-surgical care, auto accidents, prenatal and postpartum conditions, orthopedic injuries and overuse injuries.
- Maintaining a clean, comfortable, private and quiet clinic, making it ideal for private consulting, educating and performing the latest physical therapy techniques.
- Focusing on your individual needs, not the bottom line, because we are a small, physical therapist-owned and family-oriented clinic.
- Treating one patient at a time in our private treatment room to make sure that you get the personalized care and attention you need.
- Completing your treatment from start to finish with only exceptional doctorate trained and fully licensed Massachusetts physical therapists that have excellent skills, breadth of knowledge, and invaluable experience to help you reach your goals and succeed.