Insurance for Physical Therapy
Specialized Physical Therapy accepts most major insurance plans in Massachusetts; please see the up-to-date list below for the insurance plans we accept. As an alternative payment type to insurance for premium physical therapy service, we accept cash, checks, and credit cards for those patients who strive to reach optimal health and recovery from some of the most qualified therapists in the Boston area.
Referrals are required for Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) HMO plans and all types of Tufts HMO plans. We are Specialized Physical Therapy in North Reading, MA and our National Provider Identifier (NPI) is 1568710903. Please have your Primary Care Physician (PCP), and not your specialty doctor (i.e. your orthopedic doctor), send a referral to your insurance company and fax us a copy when this is complete to: 866-949-9835. In addition, please bring your doctor’s prescription – no more than 30 days old – if you have one; a prescription is required if you have Medicare , GIC UniCare, Auto Accident, or Workers’ Compensation insurance.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Referral Required for HMO Plans)
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Tufts Health Plan (Referral Required for HMO Plans)
- Tufts Health Plan Navigator and CareLink
- Tufts Medicare Preferred
- Tufts Total Health Plan
- Medicare (Prescription Required)
- Tricare (Authorized Non-Network)
- GIC UniCare State Indemnity Plan (Prescription Required)
- Workers’ Compensation (Claim Number, Rx, Adjuster Name and Phone Number Required)
- Auto Accidents (Claim Number, Rx, Injury Adjuster Name and Phone Number Required)
- United Healthcare
- Unfortunately, we do not accept MassHealth, MultiPlan, Fallon, Minuteman Health, Tufts Health Together, Tufts Health Unify, and Tufts Health Direct. However, we do accept cash payment in lieu of insurance for premium physical therapy treatment.
Self-Pay Cash Rates
- Please call for the current cash rates
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice
Payment Types Accepted
- Cash and Checks
SPT is just minutes from Andover, Reading, North Andover, and Wilmington MA
Specialized Physical Therapy is conveniently located in North Reading and also proudly serves residents in Andover, Reading, North Andover, Wilmington, Boxford, Burlington, Woburn, Stoneham, and Methuen. We offer free and spacious parking located within a few steps away from our clinic’s door.
Schedule Your Appointment Today to Regain Freer Movement and Healthy Living!
Specialized Physical Therapy practices a comprehensive approach to total muscle, joint, and spine health. We are the preferred physical therapy clinic in Greater Boston, because we offer an extensive range of physical therapy services designed to restore your physical strength and mobility while reducing your pain. Our physical therapy clinic sets itself apart by:
- Providing proven techniques for alleviating minor, major, acute, and chronic pain.
- Specializing in sports medicine, manual therapy, post-surgical care, auto accidents, prenatal and postpartum conditions, orthopedic injuries and overuse injuries.
- Maintaining a clean, comfortable, private and quiet clinic, making it ideal for private consulting, educating and performing the latest physical therapy techniques.
- Focusing on your individual needs, not the bottom line, because we are a small, physical therapist-owned and family-oriented clinic.
- Treating one patient at a time in our private treatment room to make sure that you get the personalized care and attention you need.
- Completing your treatment from start to finish with only exceptional doctorate trained and fully licensed Massachusetts physical therapists that have excellent skills, breadth of knowledge, and invaluable experience to help you reach your goals and succeed.