Insurance for Physical Therapy
Specialized Physical Therapy accepts most major insurance plans in Massachusetts; please see the up-to-date list below for the insurance plans we accept. As an alternative payment type to insurance for premium physical therapy service, we accept cash, checks, and credit cards for those patients who strive to reach optimal health and recovery from some of the most qualified therapists in the Boston area.
Referrals and Authorizations for physical therapy are required for all Tufts Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield POS/HMO plans. Please have your Primary Care Physician (PCP), and not your specialty doctor (i.e. your orthopedic doctor), authorize treatment for Physical Therapy (PT), send the referral to your insurance company, and fax us a copy when this is complete to: 866-949-9835. The referral department at your PCP clinic needs three things in order to authorize PT treatment and complete the insurance referral:
- Clinic Name: We are Specialized Physical Therapy (SPT) located in North Reading, MA.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI): NPI is 156-871-0903.
- The patient’s start date for the initial evaluation; the referral and authorization can be dated as the initial evaluation date or earlier.
A Prescription – no more than 30 days old – for Physical Therapy is required regardless of payment type (i.e. cash, health insurance, auto accidents, or workers’ compensation). Please bring the prescription to your first visit or have your PCP fax it to our clinic: 866-949-9835
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Health Plan Navigator and CareLink
- Tufts Medicare Preferred
- Tufts Total Health Plan
- Tricare (Authorized Non-Network)
- Cigna (Discontinued as of 1/1/2018)
- GIC UniCare State Indemnity Plan
- Workers’ Compensation
- Auto Accidents
- United Healthcare
- Unfortunately, we do not accept MassHealth, MultiPlan, Fallon, Minuteman Health, Tufts Health Together, Tufts Health Unify, and Tufts Health Direct. However, we do accept cash payment in lieu of insurance for premium physical therapy treatment.
Self-Pay Cash Rates
- One Hour Initial Evaluation: $139
- Sixty-Minute follow-up treatment: $79
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice
Payment Types Accepted
- Cash and Checks
SPT is just minutes from Andover, Reading, North Andover, and Wilmington MA
Specialized Physical Therapy is conveniently located in North Reading and also proudly serves residents in Andover, Reading, North Andover, Wilmington, Boxford, Burlington, Woburn, Stoneham, and Methuen. We offer free and spacious parking located within a few steps away from our clinic’s door.
Schedule Your Appointment Today to Regain Freer Movement and Healthy Living!
Specialized Physical Therapy practices a comprehensive approach to total muscle, joint, and spine health. We are the preferred physical therapy clinic in Greater Boston, because we offer an extensive range of physical therapy services designed to restore your physical strength and mobility while reducing your pain. Our physical therapy clinic sets itself apart by:
- Providing proven techniques for alleviating minor, major, acute, and chronic pain.
- Specializing in sports medicine, manual therapy, post-surgical care, auto accidents, prenatal and postpartum conditions, orthopedic injuries and overuse injuries.
- Maintaining a clean, comfortable, private and quiet clinic, making it ideal for private consulting, educating and performing the latest physical therapy techniques.
- Focusing on your individual needs, not the bottom line, because we are a small, physical therapist-owned and family-oriented clinic.
- Treating one patient at a time in our private treatment room to make sure that you get the personalized care and attention you need.
- Completing your treatment from start to finish with only exceptional doctorate trained and fully licensed Massachusetts physical therapists that have excellent skills, breadth of knowledge, and invaluable experience to help you reach your goals and succeed.