Hip Pain Relief and Injury
Editor: Dr. Amy Spencer, PT, DPT, OCS, MTC, CSCS, CKTP - A Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy and Certified Manual Therapist. Owner and Physical Therapist, Specialized Physical Therapy in North Reading, MA.
The hip is a ball and socket joint where the thigh bone (femur) meets the pelvis (acetabulum). The greater trochanter is the large bump on the outside of the upper end of the femur. The greater trochanteric bursa overlies this bump. A bursa is a fluid-filled sac that helps reduce bone on bone friction.
The hip joint is tough and is designed to withstand a lot of wear-and-tear ; however, it is not indestructible. With age and use, the cartilage may wear down or become damaged. The muscles and tendons around the hip can be overused as a result. The hip bone becomes weaker and then can be fractured during a fall or traumatic collision.
These are the six most common hip injuries that can be successfully treated using physical therapy:
- Trochanteric Bursitis
- Hamstring Strain
- Hip Impingement
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Replacement
- Piriformis Syndrome
SPT is just minutes from Andover, Reading, North Andover, and Wilmington MA
Specialized Physical Therapy is conveniently located in North Reading and also proudly serves residents in Andover, Reading, North Andover, Wilmington, Boxford, Burlington, Woburn, Stoneham, and Methuen. We offer free and spacious parking located within a few steps away from our clinic’s door.
Schedule Your Appointment Today to Regain Freer Movement and Healthy Living!
Specialized Physical Therapy practices a comprehensive approach to total muscle, joint, and spine health. We are the preferred physical therapy clinic in Greater Boston, because we offer an extensive range of physical therapy services designed to restore your physical strength and mobility while reducing your pain. Our physical therapy clinic sets itself apart by:
- Providing proven techniques for alleviating minor, major, acute, and chronic pain.
- Specializing in sports medicine, manual therapy, post-surgical care, auto accidents, prenatal and postpartum conditions, orthopedic injuries and overuse injuries.
- Maintaining a clean, comfortable, private and quiet clinic, making it ideal for private consulting, educating and performing the latest physical therapy techniques.
- Focusing on your individual needs, not the bottom line, because we are a small, physical therapist-owned and family-oriented clinic.
- Treating one patient at a time in our private treatment room to make sure that you get the personalized care and attention you need.
- Completing your treatment from start to finish with only exceptional doctorate trained and fully licensed Massachusetts physical therapists that have excellent skills, breadth of knowledge, and invaluable experience to help you reach your goals and succeed.