Elbow Pain Relief and Injury
Editor: Dr. Amy Spencer, PT, DPT, OCS, MTC, CSCS, CKTP - A Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy and Certified Manual Therapist. Owner and Physical Therapist, Specialized Physical Therapy in North Reading, MA.
The Elbow Joint
Your elbow is needed to move your arm up and down, as well as twisting inward and outward. Your elbow is a sensitive joint comprised of the arm bone (humerus) and the forearm bones (ulna and radius). The arm bone connects with the inner (ulna) and outer (radius) forearm bone to form a hinge joint. The ulna and radius also meet at the elbow to allow you to rotate your forearm. There are many muscles, ligaments, and tendons inside your upper arm and forearm that are needed to support your elbow. Your biceps are the major muscle needed to bend the elbow and move your hand up to your shoulder. Your triceps are the main muscle that straightens out your elbow. There is also a group of muscles that are needed to bend or flex your fingers. These muscles are known as wrist flexors and they are attached to the inner epicondyle of the humerus. The wrist extensor group of muscles extends the fingers and wrist at the outer epicondyle of the humerus. All of these muscles and tendons must work in unison for pain-free movement.
These are the three most common elbow and forearm injuries that can be successfully treated using physical therapy:
SPT is just minutes from Andover, Reading, North Andover, and Wilmington MA
Specialized Physical Therapy is conveniently located in North Reading and also proudly serves residents in Andover, Reading, North Andover, Wilmington, Boxford, Burlington, Woburn, Stoneham, and Methuen. We offer free and spacious parking located within a few steps away from our clinic’s door.
Schedule Your Appointment Today to Regain Freer Movement and Healthy Living!
Specialized Physical Therapy practices a comprehensive approach to total muscle, joint, and spine health. We are the preferred physical therapy clinic in Greater Boston, because we offer an extensive range of physical therapy services designed to restore your physical strength and mobility while reducing your pain. Our physical therapy clinic sets itself apart by:
- We have helped thousands of patients with low back pain, sciatica, disc bulge, shoulder pain, shoulder impingement, frozen shoulder, hip pain, hip replacement, hip impingement, knee pain, knee replacement, ACL tears, MCL strains, LCL strains, ankle pain, and much more. Our Physical Therapy experts can help you with your range of motion, strength, balance, pain, injuries, and more. Call Now to take control of your health!
- Providing proven techniques for alleviating minor, major, acute, and chronic pain.
- Specializing in sports medicine, manual therapy, post-surgical care, auto accidents, workers compensation, prenatal and postpartum conditions, orthopedic injuries and overuse injuries.
- Maintaining a clean, comfortable, private and quiet clinic, making it ideal for private consulting, educating and performing the latest physical therapy techniques.
- Focusing on your individual needs, not the bottom line, because we are a small, physical therapist-owned and family-oriented clinic.
- Treating one patient at a time in our private treatment room to make sure that you get the personalized care and attention you need.
- Completing your treatment from start to finish with only exceptional doctorate trained and fully licensed Massachusetts physical therapists that have excellent skills, breadth of knowledge, and invaluable experience to help you reach your goals and succeed.