Shoulder Pain Relief and Injury
Editor: Dr. Amy Spencer, PT, DPT, OCS, MTC, CSCS, CKTP - A Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy and Certified Manual Therapist. Owner and Physical Therapist, Specialized Physical Therapy in North Reading, MA.
Shoulder injuries can be incredibly painful and debilitating. Your shoulder joint is comprised of sculpted bone, stabilizing ligaments, and powerful muscles. Every component that makes up your shoulder needs to work together to support your head and control your arm movements. Any injury to your shoulder blade (glenoid of the scapula), upper arm bone (humerus), and collarbone (clavicle) will require physical therapy.
Your rotator cuff is comprised of four muscles that support the shoulder joint. An injury to your rotator cuff will make simple arm movements painful or impossible, since your rotator cuff is what allows your shoulder to rotate your arm in different directions.
There are various types of shoulder injuries that can prevent you from living a pain-free and active lifestyle without the help of specialized physical therapy. Physical therapy has been proven to significant improve mobility and reduce shoulder pain.
These are the six most common shoulder injuries that can be successfully treated using physical therapy:
- Shoulder Impingement
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis or Tear
- Separated Shoulder (Acromioclavicular Joint Injuries)
- Dislocated Shoulder
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Shoulder Labral Tear
SPT is just minutes from Andover, Reading, North Andover, and Wilmington MA
Specialized Physical Therapy is conveniently located in North Reading and also proudly serves residents in Andover, Reading, North Andover, Wilmington, Boxford, Burlington, Woburn, Stoneham, and Methuen. We offer free and spacious parking located within a few steps away from our clinic’s door.
Schedule Your Appointment Today to Regain Freer Movement and Healthy Living!
Specialized Physical Therapy practices a comprehensive approach to total muscle, joint, and spine health. We are the preferred physical therapy clinic in Greater Boston, because we offer an extensive range of physical therapy services designed to restore your physical strength and mobility while reducing your pain. Our physical therapy clinic sets itself apart by:
- Providing proven techniques for alleviating minor, major, acute, and chronic pain.
- Specializing in sports medicine, manual therapy, post-surgical care, auto accidents, prenatal and postpartum conditions, orthopedic injuries and overuse injuries.
- Maintaining a clean, comfortable, private and quiet clinic, making it ideal for private consulting, educating and performing the latest physical therapy techniques.
- Focusing on your individual needs, not the bottom line, because we are a small, physical therapist-owned and family-oriented clinic.
- Treating one patient at a time in our private treatment room to make sure that you get the personalized care and attention you need.
- Completing your treatment from start to finish with only exceptional doctorate trained and fully licensed Massachusetts physical therapists that have excellent skills, breadth of knowledge, and invaluable experience to help you reach your goals and succeed.